Release 1.0.37 Notes
Welcome to latest version of the PoWs. This is a fairly large update and addresses a host of issues.
- Removed student ages from all public pages
- Updated assignments page to be sorted automatically by class name and student last name
- Fixed bug that displayed deleted external documents
- Updated queues:
- Added the long answer column to the mentor queue and re-sized the columns to adjust for the addition - user request
- Removed the status column from the mentor queue
- Removed the initial grade column from every queue, including the mentor and student queues
- Separated the view and reply links in queues - user request:
- Made the view link function like the old "View & Reply" link
- Made the reply link navigate to the thread with the reply editor already open and the page scrolled down to it
- Updated students' work by PoW page:
- Updated class list to be sorted automatically by name - user request
- Updated student list to be sorted automatically by last name - user request
- Fixed bug that displayed students incorrectly when more than one worked on the same problem together
- Updated submission process:
- Removed the finish later button so students will no longer be able to save drafts
- Updated the wording in the PoW submission process, according to
this blog post:
- Changed "Compose Answer" to "Get Started"
- Changed "Credit for this problem will be given to...." to "Credit for these ideas will be given to...."
- Changed "Summarize your answer in a sentence or two." to "Summarize your ideas in a sentence or two."
- Changed "Explain how you solved the problem. Include your math." to "Explain your ideas and how you figured them out."
- Changed "If you've created an image as part of your solution..." to "If you've created an image that illustrates some of your ideas...."
- Changed "Submit Answer" to "Submit Ideas"
- Changed the wording in the submission confirmation email
- Updated the thread view:
- Replaced the old thread view with the new chronological view - big user request
- Added the button, "Jump to Most Recent Submission," in the thread view, which will scroll the page down to the current submission
- Removed the sample text, "Write your reply here," from the editor - user request
- Updated the page after making a reply, revision, or edit to have more navigation options
- Updated reply process:
- Updated the reply button in the thread view to automatically scroll the page down to the editor once it loads
- Added the button, "Jump to Reply," in the thread view, which will scroll the page down to the reply editor
- Moved the reply editor underneath the thread - big user request
- Updated the "Choose not to score this submission" reply checkbox to be automatically checked, if allowed - user request
- Updated the "Hide scoring grid from students" reply checkbox to be automatically checked, if allowed - user request
- Moved the reply preview underneath the thread to be consistent with the new look of replies
- Updated approval process:
- Removed the yellow background in the approval editor so it looks like the reply editor
- Updated the approval form to look similar to the polished reply form
- Moved the approval editor underneath the thread to be consistent with the new look of the reply process
- Updated the trial registration process:
- Updated the registration page's wording and styling
- Updated the confirmation page's wording and styling
- Updated the store:
- Updated the store front to a modern look and feel, which should better display the available products and their information
- Updated the information and layout of the product details page
Keep those comments and suggestions coming! We appreciate your feedback!